A Day In Banff

Hello everyone!
Since I moved to Calgary a few months ago, I’ve been dying to go to Banff. I can see the mountains from my balcony and to see them up close was just amazing, a feeling a cannot describe.

Back home I grew up surrounded by mountains. They were not covered in snow but they were very high and beautiful. Then I moved to Toronto and then Ottawa… And as you know, is pretty flat.. No mountains at all..

This week, we had a day off and we decided to spend a day in this Magical Place! I’m going to share some pics with you:

Banff is a lovely town with breath taking sceneries. It has an unique charm and architecture. I really enjoyed the art galleries and all the souvenirs stores. The best of all? It’s so close to Calgary, which means that I will be going there a lot… πŸ˜‰

After hours of walking and appreciating the views, we stopped at this lovely and cozy restaurant to eat something. The interior of the restaurant is very cool. It looks like a log house and they have flags from several countries around the ceiling.

Being a vegetarian can be quite hard sometimes.. But they had a delicious Veggie Sandwich. What I liked the most was the homemade vinaigrette dressing for my salad.

I will never forget the feeling I had when I saw this little lovely town for the first time. Now, I can’t wait to see what this place looks like in the summer. Nature is just way too wonderful!!

1. Akinlonu temitope says:

Wow ! its a beautiful town and a good one to spend the holidays at wish i spent my x-mas at a place like that maybe i will have it in mind next x-mas.

1. Fernanda Reis says:

It is a gorgeous town isn’t it?!

2. Fred says:

The only mountain town I have visited in Canada so far is Whistler. I would love to visit Banff and the Canadian Rockies as well.

3. Chinky says:

Wow, what a lovely place to visit! πŸ™‚ It’s truly picture perfect! Btw, that a great shot of you with you flying on the side! πŸ™‚

4. Anonymous says:

amazing place, hopefully I get to visit places like that in the future or better, live near the area hehe

5. Sin Yee says:

Wow… Your photos are stunning! I love this place. I thought of Big Hero 6 movie street. Have the similar scene.

6. Franc Ramon says:

Last month we had series of events related to the celebration of the Banff festival. It’s mostly outdoor brands in the celebration and seeing your post makes me realize how beautiful Banff is. I hope to see the place too.

7. Elana Khong says:

awesome place… thanks for sharing such beautiful pic. And u look amazing

8. Tiffany Yong W.T. (tiffanyyongwt) says:

Calgary is beautiful! Banff looks like Christmas at this time~ like Classic Christmas scenery during December. It’s so unlike Singapore! 😦 I’m glad you enjoyed it though!

9. Fernanda Reis says:

Thank you Tiffany! I did enjoy this place..

10. R U S S says:

Banff is such a beautiful place. The first photo reminds me of this scene from the movie Man of Steel. It’s always great to see the world from other bloggers’ photos, thank you for sharing this gorgeous views of the mountains with us.

11. Sim @ SimsLife.co.uk says:

What a stunning place Banff is! Would love to visit one day – love the outfit choice too! πŸ™‚ Simone x

12. Fernanda Reis says:

Thank you all for the lovely comments!! πŸ™‚

13. Angelo The Explorer says:

I love doing day trips like this! Your pictures really captured the beauty of the place! Oh and that snow! The landscape itself is beautiful!

14. Fernanda Reis says:

Thank you Angelo! This place is just stunning!

15. Khushboo says:

Banff sounds like an amazing place and you are looking gorgeous in the photos dear. Glad you had a great time πŸ™‚

16. Yuh Jiun says:

omg the view is amazing!! Wish to visit this beautiful town one day πŸ˜€