AT HOME WITH NANDA – BOOKS I LOVE

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
– Dr. Seuss

read2
I love to read. To me, reading is like a magic portal to a different dimension. A special “me” time that not only enriches my soul but it also fill my heart with joy and comfort.
I want to share with you the books I read and loved the most last year. It is a combination of various subjects as I don’t have a favourite “type” of book… With exception of Don Miguel Ruiz and Paulo Coelho. To me, they are the best authors alive today.

Here we go:

read4
The reason why I came to know these books is because of the Super model Gisele Bündchen. I’m always looking for books recommendations and I was reading an interview and she mentioned this was the best book she had ever read. So, curious me went running to get it. The first book I read was “The Four Agreements” and it completely changed my life. As soon as I finished I got the other ones and I just devoured them…
“Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally… Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.”
― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom

read5
I don’t believe we have to follow a style/fashion book instead of being true to our beautiful selves. That’s why this book is my favourite in the sytle category. “Parisian Chic”  covers many style aspects and style advice without taking away your inner style sense. Advice to enhance, that’s my term for this book!
♡ “Often something more simple would be better. Sometimes I put things together – a shirt, a sweater, a jacket – and it’s too complicated. I would have worn only a v-neck sweater, it would have been better. It’s not the clothes but it’s how you wear them sometimes.“- Ines de La Fressange

I like “The Magic” for one reason; it thought me how to be more grateful, to see the beauty in all things and how to appreciate life in a deeper level.
“It only takes a few minutes in the morning to use gratitude to Have A Magical Day by giving thanks for the events in your day ahead of time, but this one practice alone will change the way your entire day unfolds.” ― Rhonda Byrne, The Magic

READ6
“The Witch of Portobello” is just beautiful, inspiring, captivating.. one of the best fiction stores I have ever read.. Well, it is Paulo Coelho, he is phenomenal!
“In order for us to liberate the energy of our strength, our weakness must first have a chance to reveal itself.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Witch of Portobello

“Chariot of the gods” was just what I needed in the moment I was going through. It is full of interesting information and some very good points.
“The time has come for us to admit our insignificance by making discoveries in the infinite unexplored cosmos. Only then shall we realize that we are nothing but ants in the vast state of the universe. And yet our future and our opportunities lie in the universe, where gods promised they would.”
― Erich von Däniken, Chariots of the Gods

“Change your brain, change your life” I first read this book I was finishing high school. I got it from the local library. Last year I saw in the store and I just needed to buy it and read it again.
“Your brain is the organ of your personality, character, and intelligence and is heavily involved in making you who you are.” ― Daniel G. Amen,

11331421 Eleven+Minutes

“The Art of Hearing Heartbeats” will melt your heart! Completely! I’m so glad I read this book, it will fill your heart with love and compassion.
“Can words sprout wings? Can they glide like butterflies through the air? Can they captivate us, carry us off into another world? Can they open the last secret chambers of our souls?” ― Jan-Philipp Sendker, The Art of Hearing Heartbeats

Again, Paulo Coelho.. with another very passionate and delicious read. “Eleven Minutes”
“All my life, I thought of love as some kind of voluntary enslavement. Well, that’s a lie: freedom only exists when love is present. The person who gives him or herself wholly, the person who feels freest, is the person who loves most wholeheartedly.” ― Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

read3

I have many books that I still want to read. One of my goals is to read all of Paulo Coelho’s books. I don’t know if I will be able to read them all by the end of this year but I will try. I also want to read books by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Voice of Knowledge by Don Miguel Ruiz.

But before I read them, I have these two to read next:
READNEXT
So, are is in your bookshelf? As always, I would love recommendations!

read1

1. hannah gee says:

There is nothing more relaxing than reading. I really need to make some more relaxing time again. There are some good books to look out for here x

Liked by 1 person

Yes I agree with you 100% Reading is one of the best forms of relaxation!

2. Have you tried Stargirl? that’s a young adult book that I surely loved. There’s a sequel to it but I haven’t read it yet, can’t find a copy. But Stargirl is highly recommendable! 🙂

No I haven’t read Stargirl yet but I will give it a try! Thanks for the recommendation Shayne! =)

3. Maureen says:

I love the first sets of books I haven’t read them but seeing them I just knew I will have to get them one of these days! And the rest but thank you for sharing your books recommendation. Paulo Coelho is amazing! Love his books.

Yes I say those books are a must read! So many powerful content! You won’t regret!

4. Motherrific says:

Book lover here since high school. I just love the smell of books…seems weird and only a book enthusiast can understand. Have you tried reading the works of James Patterson and other authors?

No I haven’t read it yet but I will =) Thanks for the suggestion!

5. R U S S says:

Aww, I always like meeting ( virtually or not ) fellow bookworms. We can compare notes, Nanda. I was told that The Secret is a good book and it’s something that I have to get my hands on. I picked up some new titles from your list which I will add to mine and recommend to friends in my book club.

Yes we should compare notes! Yes, the secret changed my life, you should read it! The Four Agreements falls into that line of books.. Looking forward to know what you think of them =)

6. Want to read more books but I can’t right now because of so many things to do besides writing and watching movies. Nice books you’ve read and keep reading. Fernando Lachica

7. Louise says:

I totally agree when you said that reading is like a magical portal to another dimensions especially if the books are fantasy fiction books. I love reading too and even by looking at the covers, they all look interesting especially the Parisian Chic! However, I don’t think that would be available in my country. 😦

Maybe you can find it on Amazon! I bought mine in a book store, but if they have it in Brazil ( where I first saw the book) maybe they have it in your country too!

8. Alissa says:

I am definitely a total bookworm. I just love it so much. It could take me anywhere for awhile. I’m into the young adult genre at the moment, I guess always has been. My fave author are Colleen Hoover and Stephani Perkins. Would love to read books by Paulo Coelho and HArumi Murakami

Thank you for sharing with me your favourite authors! I will look into them =)

9. sikat101 says:

I plan to read a lot of books this year. I am interested in four agreements and the heartbreak book. I will look for them! Thanks for these recommendations. There are days that I just want to curl up and read a book. Books allow your mind to travel. -katrina centeno

No problem! I truly hope you’ll enjoy them =)

10. Ace Paragoyo says:

Thanks to Gisele the super model for inspiring you to read the book like The Four Agreements and hopefully I can read that also, is there a book sharing online?

Thanks Gisele! She’s awesome! I think you can find the audiobook on youtube!

11. Vanessa Ally says:

After reading your review I feel it is a shame I haven’t still read The four Agreements and the other works by Don Miguel Ruiz because it seems they contain universal wisdom that can change your life for the better!

Yes it does contain universal wisdom. Very powerful wisdom! Please let me know what you think of them when you get a chance to read =)

12. Let me know how Girl Boss goes! I haven’t gotten my copy because it’s a bit pricey here. I really love Parisian Chic by Ines though, such a great book for anyone looking for their own style.

I will! I’m so excited for this book =)

13. franckxethee says:

Reading books can really teach us new things. We also get to be entertained as it brings us to places and stories to explores. Reading can really enrich the mind.

14. Eliz Frank says:

Don Miguel and Paulo are some of my top favorite teachers/writers. I have all their books and a subscription to their community. Read opens us to worlds we can’t even imagine.

15. skinny B says:

I couldn’t say more.. Reading is the best for me too!1

16. 3xhcch says:

I also like reading books. I am reading Gone Girl now on my phone. I am also reading books that are required for my kids classes in order to advise them — Naomi Leone, Code Orange and To Kill a Mockingbird. – Fred

17. Kelly Chin says:

I read the book “The Magic” it thought me how to be happy with ourselves, the surrounding, the things that we have and appreciate all the small things in life. Be grateful!